1. About the Website
- Welcome to findasubbie.com.au (the ‘Website’). The Website facilitates interactions between:
- people looking for independent services or people who are browsing the Website (the ‘Receiver’); and
- independent service providers (the ‘Provider’),
allowing the Provider to list their services on the Website and providing a platform for the Receiver and the Provider to locate, communicate and interact (the ‘Services’).
- The Website is operated by BRIDGE ASSETS PTY LTD & V DUTT & D.C RAJAPAKSE & M.A VARELA (ABN 89 101 989 176). When referring to ‘Find A Subbie’ throughout these terms and conditions, we are referring to the Website and/or its operators. Access to and use of the Website, or any of its associated products or Services, is provided by Find A Subbie. Please read these terms and conditions (the ‘Terms’) carefully. By using, browsing and/or reading the Website, this signifies that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree with the Terms, you must cease usage of the Website, or any of its products or Services, immediately.
- Find A Subbie reserves the right to review and change any of the Terms by updating this page at its sole discretion. When Find A Subbie updates the Terms, it will use reasonable endeavours to provide you with notice of updates of the Terms. Any changes to the Terms take immediate effect from the date of their publication. Before you continue, we recommend you keep a copy of the Terms for your records.
2. Acceptance of the Terms
You accept the Terms by registering for or using the Services; or by using the Website. You may also accept the Terms by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms where and if this option is made available to you by Find A Subbie in the user interface.
3. The Services
- In order to access the Services, both the Receiver and the Provider may be required to register for an account through the Website (the ‘Account’).
- As part of the registration process, or as part of your continued use of the Services, you may be required to provide personal information about yourself (such as identification or contact details), including:
- email address
- preferred username
- mailing address
- telephone number
- You warrant that any information you give to Find A Subbie in the course of completing the registration process will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
- Once you have completed the registration process, you will be a registered member of the Website (‘Member’) and agree to be bound by the Terms.
- You may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms if:
- you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with Find A Subbie; or
- you are a person barred from receiving the Services under the laws of Australia or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Services.
4. Your obligations as a Member
4.1. As a Member, you agree to comply with the following:
- you will not share your profile with any other person;
- you will use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by:
- the Terms; and
- any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions;
- you have sole responsibility for protecting the confidentiality of your password and/or email address. Use of your password by any other person may result in the immediate cancellation of the Services;
- any use of your registration information by any other person, or third parties, is strictly prohibited. You agree to immediately notify Find A Subbie of any unauthorised use of your password or email address or any breach of security of which you have become aware;
- you must not expressly or impliedly impersonate another Member or use the profile or password of another Member at any time;
- any content that you broadcast, publish, upload, transmit, post or distribute on the Website (‘Your Content’) will always be accurate, correct and up to date and you will maintain reasonable records of Your Content.
- you agree not to harass, impersonate, stalk, threaten another Member of the Website (where interaction with other Members is made available to you);
- access and use of the Website is limited, non-transferable and allows for the sole use of the Website by you for the purposes of providing the Services;
- you will not use the Services or the Website in connection with any commercial endeavours except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by the management of Find A Subbie;
- you will not use the Services or Website for any illegal and/or unauthorised use which includes collecting email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorised framing of or linking to the Website;
- you agree that commercial advertisements, affiliate links and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice and may result in termination of the Services. Appropriate legal action will be taken by Find A Subbie for any illegal or unauthorised use of the Website; and
- you acknowledge and agree that any automated use of the Website or its Services is prohibited.
5. Using the Website as the Receiver
- Receivers may:
- register an Account;
- search for Providers;
- leave feedback on Provider’s listings;
- interact with Providers; and
- contact Providers
6. Using the Website as the Provider
- Providers may:
- register an Account;
- search for Providers;
- list and advertise services;
- interact with Receivers;
- contact other Providers; and
- leave feedback on Provider’s listings
7. Copyright and Intellectual Property
- The Website, the Services and all of the related products of Find A Subbie are subject to copyright. The material on the Website is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and through international treaties. Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright) in the Services and compilation of the Website (including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips, Website, code, scripts, design elements and interactive features) or the Services are owned or controlled for these purposes, and are reserved by Find A Subbie or its contributors.
- All trademarks, service marks and trade names are owned, registered and/or licensed by Find A Subbie, who grants to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, revocable license whilst you are a Member to:
- use the Website pursuant to the Terms;
- copy and store the Website and the material contained in the Website in your device’s cache memory; and
- print pages from the Website for your own personal and non-commercial use.
Find A Subbie does not grant you any other rights whatsoever in relation to the Website or the Services. All other rights are expressly reserved by Find A Subbie.
- Find A Subbie retains all rights, title and interest in and to the Website and all related Services. Nothing you do on or in relation to the Website will transfer any:
- business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark, industrial design, patent, registered design or copyright, or
- a right to use or exploit a business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark or industrial design, or
- a thing, system or process that is the subject of a patent, registered design or copyright (or an adaptation or modification of such a thing, system or process),
- You may not, without the prior written permission of Find A Subbie and the permission of any other relevant rights owners: broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the Services or third party Services for any purpose, unless otherwise provided by these Terms. This prohibition does not extend to materials on the Website, which are freely available for re-use or are in the public domain.
- Where you broadcast, publish, upload, transmit, post or distribute Your Content on the Website, then you grant to Find A Subbie a non-exclusive, transferrable, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide licence to broadcast, republish, upload to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change Your Content.
9. Marketing Acceptance and Use
- By accepting the Terms, You agree to be added to Find A Subbie’s distribution list for the use of communication and marketing purposes.
- Find A Subbie may engage in affiliate marketing and may receive a commission or percentage of sales from third party Goods or Services.
- Find A Subbie may accept paid advertisement and sponsorships by third parties or Members that will display on the Website.
- Find A Subbie may advertise services through multiple channels to users/guests that visit the site (including Receivers and Providers). This includes but is not limited to through the Website and email marketing campaigns. Removal from the email distribution list will require written notice to Find A Subbie.
10. General Disclaimer
- Nothing in the Terms limits or excludes any guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions implied or imposed by law, including the Australian Consumer Law (or any liability under them) which by law may not be limited or excluded.
- Subject to this clause, and to the extent permitted by law:
- all terms, guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions which are not expressly stated in the Terms are excluded; and
- Find A Subbie will not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage, loss of profit or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with the Services or these Terms (including as a result of not being able to use the Services or the late supply of the Services), whether at common law, under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, pursuant to statute or otherwise.
- Use of the Website and the Services is at your own risk. Everything on the Website and the Services is provided to you “as is” and “as available” without warranty or condition of any kind. None of the affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contributors and licensors of Find A Subbie make any express or implied representation or warranty about the Services or any products or Services (including the products or Services of Find A Subbie) referred to on the Website. This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of any of the following:
- failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records;
- the accuracy, suitability or currency of any information on the Website, the Services, or any of its Services related products (including third party material and advertisements on the Website);
- costs incurred as a result of you using the Website, the Services or any of the products of Find A Subbie; and
- the Services or operation in respect to links which are provided for your convenience.
- You acknowledge that Find A Subbie Website and the Services are only intended to facilitate the interactions between the Receiver and the Provider and does not offer any services other than the Services and Find A Subbie holds no liability to you as a result of any conduct of the Members or the misuse of Your Content by any party (including other Members).
11. Exclusion of Liability
- Use of the Website by any user, including anyone connected indirectly to the Website, automatically exempts Find A Subbie and its operators from all liability. By using this Website, you agree to release Find A Subbie from any liability that may occur as a result of information and services accessed via the Website.
- Find A Subbie does not validate the information on the Website. This is up to the discretion of all users/Providers/Receivers.
- Find A Subbie’s total liability arising out of or in connection with the Services or these Terms, however arising, including under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute or otherwise, will not exceed $0.00.
- You expressly understand and agree that Find A Subbie, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third parties and licensors shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but is not limited to, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation and any other intangible loss.
- You acknowledge and agree that Find A Subbie holds no liability for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you as a result of providing Your Content to the Website.
- Your use of the Website will be at your own risk and Find A Subbie will not be held liable for any actions or information including the use of the terms.
- If you do not agree with the Terms, please cease to use the Website immediately.
- Your use of the Website (including all content and services) is entirely at your risk (Guest user, Receiver and/or Provider). It is Your responsibility to make sure that any information available on the Website fits the Receiver or Provider’s particular particular purpose.
- Neither Find A Subbie, nor any third parties, provide any guarantees or warranties in any way for the data posted on the Website.
12. Termination of Contract
- If you want to terminate the Terms, you may do so by providing Find A Subbie with 21 days’ notice of your intention to terminate by sending notice of your intention to terminate to Find A Subbie via the ‘Contact Us’ link on our homepage.
- Find A Subbie may at any time, terminate the Terms with you if:
- you have breached any provision of the Terms or intend to breach any provision;
- Find A Subbie is required to do so by law;
- Find A Subbie is transitioning to no longer providing the Services to Members in the country in which you are resident or from which you use the service; or
- the provision of the Services to you by Find A Subbie is, in the opinion of Find A Subbie, no longer commercially viable.
- Find A Subbie may immediately terminate the Terms at any time, with or without cause.
- Subject to local applicable laws, Find A Subbie reserves the right to discontinue or cancel your membership at any time and may suspend or deny, in its sole discretion, your access to all or any portion of the Website or the Services without notice if you breach any provision of the Terms or any applicable law or if your conduct impacts Find A Subbie ‘s name or reputation or violates the rights of those of another party.
- When the Terms come to an end, all of the legal rights, obligations and liabilities that you and Find A Subbie have benefited from, been subject to (or which have accrued over time whilst the Terms have been in force) or which are expressed to continue indefinitely, shall be unaffected by this cessation, and the provisions of this clause shall continue to apply to such rights, obligations and liabilities indefinitely.
- You agree to indemnify Find A Subbie , its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers and licensors from and against:
- all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred, suffered or arising out of or in connection with Your Content;
- any direct or indirect consequences of you accessing, using or transacting on the Website or attempts to do so; and/or
- any breach of the Terms.
14. Dispute Resolution
If a dispute arises out of or relates to the Terms, either party may not commence any Tribunal or Court proceedings in relation to the dispute, unless the following clauses have been complied with (except where urgent interlocutory relief is sought).
A party to the Terms claiming a dispute (‘Dispute’) has arisen under the Terms, must give written notice to the other party detailing the nature of the dispute, the desired outcome and the action required to settle the Dispute.
On receipt of that notice (‘Notice’) by that other party, the parties to the Terms (‘Parties’) must:
- Within 14 days of the Notice endeavour in good faith to resolve the Dispute expeditiously by negotiation or such other means upon which they may mutually agree;
- If for any reason whatsoever, 14 days after the date of the Notice, the Dispute has not been resolved, the Parties must either agree upon selection of a mediator or request that an appropriate mediator be appointed by the President of the Australian Mediation Association or his or her nominee;
- The Parties are equally liable for the fees and reasonable expenses of a mediator and the cost of the venue of the mediation and without limiting the foregoing undertake to pay any amounts requested by the mediator as a pre-condition to the mediation commencing. The Parties must each pay their own costs associated with the mediation;
- The mediation will be held in Canberra, Australia.
All communications concerning negotiations made by the Parties arising out of and in connection with this dispute resolution clause are confidential and to the extent possible, must be treated as “without prejudice” negotiations for the purpose of applicable laws of evidence.
- Termination of Mediation:
If 6 months have elapsed after the start of a mediation of the Dispute and the Dispute has not been resolved, either Party may ask the mediator to terminate the mediation and the mediator must do so.
15. Venue and Jurisdiction
The Services offered by Find A Subbie is intended to be viewed by residents of Australia. In the event of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Website, you agree that the exclusive venue for resolving any dispute shall be in the courts of Australian Capital Territory, Australia.
16. Governing Law
The Terms are governed by the laws of Australian Capital Territory, Australia. Any dispute, controversy, proceeding or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to the Terms and the rights created hereby shall be governed, interpreted and construed by, under and pursuant to the laws of Australian Capital Territory, Australia, without reference to conflict of law principles, notwithstanding mandatory rules. The validity of this governing law clause is not contested. The Terms shall be binding to the benefit of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns.
17. Independent Legal Advice
Both parties confirm and declare that the provisions of the Terms are fair and reasonable and both parties having taken the opportunity to obtain independent legal advice and declare the Terms are not against public policy on the grounds of inequality or bargaining power or general grounds of restraint of trade.
If any part of these Terms is found to be void or unenforceable by a Court of competent jurisdiction, that part shall be severed and the rest of the Terms shall remain in force.